This is going to be quick. Several things have happened today and it’s just been busy.
1. Went to the doctor to get blood work and x-rays – no problems, just want to make sure everything is in good shape for the trip.
2. The shoes I wrote about a few posts ago came in. I barely had time to open the box, much less try them on. Tomorrow. I promise.
3. Found a new place to get really fine coffee. And I needed some this morning because I had to do the starvation thing before I got that blood work drawn (don’t eat for 12 hours, etc.), which I didn’t get done until about 1 p.m. No coffee until after lunch? Grrrrr. Found out too late that black coffee would have been fine.
4. IKEA didn’t have the stuff I was looking for. BLAH 😛 (Are people still allowed to use manual emoticons?)
5. I learned that the library cannot keep track of the books I borrow (I knew that, of course; I was around for Bush II when librarians took the lead in standing up for privacy) but I can!! Good news because I always borrow about 2,000 pages worth of books from the library each week, knowing that I can realistically read maybe 20 pages in that time. But I’m addicted to the “new non-fiction” book shelf at the library. Now I can keep track of the books I don’t get to finish.
6. I had the most delicious pasta shells caprese at a snack bar on base. A new addiction.
7. Writing is more fun sometimes than watching Star Trek re-runs.
Sorry. I had hoped to make this a tidy list of ten but I can only come up with seven. This may be God’s way of telling me to call it a night.
8. Discovered that emoticons are a fun way to drive your spell check crazy.And that spell check cannot handle an emoticon with a tongue sticking out.